Monday, November 17, 2008

Music Monday - Held

Why?

That’s the question that comes to the lips of those going through terrible ordeals. Why this, Lord? We want to cling to Romans 8:28, but at the same time feel so incredibly fragile, numb and helpless. I think of my sister and her husband whose baby girl died from a rare disease only minutes after birth. I think of my own brother John who died in his early 20s, a man who was a friend to everyone and seemed so full of life. I think of my wife’s family going through the loss of her father, Larry, a man greatly admired, respected and loved.

Why? We aren’t promised answers, but we are promised comfort even in the middle of the painful trials and questions. This song is an excellent reminder what it means to be “Held.”

2 Cor. 1:3-5, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all afflictions, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.”

No comments: