Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam

For the most part, I dislike FaceBook groups. I will generally decline an invitation to join a group or cause. But have you ever noticed the ones that are titled in such a way that to decline would seem really bad. I mean, who doesn’t want Facebook to get rid of the sexual ads on the side? So if I decline an invitation to join “People Against All the Sexual Image Ads that facebook is now allowing” – that doesn’t mean that I want to keep the ads. If I don’t want to join “People Against Westboro Baptist Church,” it’s not that I agree with them (I don’t) – I just don’t see the point in creating or joining a group that says I don’t agree with them. I mean, it’s not like Phelps is sitting in his office thinking, “Oh dear, those heathen wretches have over 4,000 members in their group!! Maybe I’d better rethink things.” Or the “Please Invite All Your Friends so little Billy ‘Smiles' Evans can get a body transplant” group. Okay, I made that one up – but it sounds plausible, doesn’t it? And honestly, I really don’t care to find out which ‘80’s cartoon character I am.

Now, maybe if there was a group called “Crotchety 30-somethings against Facebook groups”……

No comments: