Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Grrr!

If I haven't mentioned yet how much auditors annoy me, let me just say - THEY ANNOY ME! There. I've said it. Part of my frustration is that, being from an accounting background, I can understand the need to have an explanation for everything and need to show that the numbers match what we say they match. This means, of course, that I go over my work with a fine tooth comb before handing it over to them to review. I take great pride on being able to give them exactly what they need. So when the auditor comes into my office with, "I have a problem," and what she really means is "YOU have a problem, I want to find exactly what it is and how to fix it. I've just spent the past 45 minutes trying to find a discrepancy that, as it turns out, is non-existent. The problem was in her calculations. Grrr.

And so it goes. Breath in, breath out.

No comments: